Bhubaneswar: A Maruti van was reduced to ashes at Saintala block square in Balangir district after it caught a fire during filling of LPG gas in its fuel tank on Wednesday evening.
According to sources van owner Sunil Agrawal was filling the tank with liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) illegally to run the van.
It may be noted that the LPG, a highly inflammable petroleum product, is being illegally used in many old cars and motorcycles in many parts of the State as its costs less compared to petrol and diesel. Lack of actions on the illegal users has been resented by many.
– See more at: http://www.prameyanews7.com/en/apr2016/odisha/21445/Car-catches-fire-during-illegal-LPG-filling-in-Balangir-fire-misapBalangirOdisha-Odisha.htm#sthash.CGAnYDlO.dpuf